Sanyu Babies Home operates as an independent organization. It receives no regular financial support from any church or organization. The lives of the children at Sanyu rely entirely on friends. There are many ways in which you can help the precious and valuable lives of the children here at Sanyu Babies Home.
Become a ‘Friend of Sanyu’ which involves being a regular supporter and donor to the needs of the Home. Make a donation towards the running costs of the Home. Donation of goods, Volunteering your time and skills, Sponsor a specific project or need at the home, Fostering a child, Supporting the Sanyu Craft Shop, Each of these children’s future relies on others. Remember that no child, including ourselves, has a choice as to where he or she is born. Let’s make a difference and help those less fortunate than ourselves!
Average costs of running Sanyu Babies’ Home
1. Monthly electricity bill - 1,200,000 UGX / $322 USD
2. Monthly water bill - 125,000 UGX / $34 USD
3. Monthly total of staff salaries - 21,342,000 UGX / $5738 USD
4. Average monthly cost of baby formula - 8,875,000 UGX / $2386 USD
5. Average monthly cost of baby soya - 700,000 UGX / $188 USD
6. Average monthly cost of Milton Sterilizing tablets - 3,000,000 UGX / $805 USD
7. Average monthly cost of food - 9,070,000 UGX / $2438 USD
8. Average monthly cost of diapers and creams - 4,250,000 UGX / $1142 UDF
9. Yearly maintenance costs for CBC machine (this reduces hospital visits) - 3,500,000 UGX /$940 USD
10. Average yearly medical expenses (excl. visiting Dr. and physiotherapist) - 45,000,000 UGX /$12,098 USD
11. Monthly fee for the visiting doctor - 400,000 UGX / $107 USD
12. Monthly fee for physiotherapist - 350,000 UGX / $93.89
13. Monthly cost for security - 500,000 UGX / $134 USD
14. Average monthly fuel and cooking gas - 835,600 UGX / $224 USD
Sanyu cares for children aged between 1 day and 4 years old and has the capacity to care for up to 50 children. Sanyu is a charitable organisation that relies almost entirely on donations and on the support of volunteers like you, and general day to day visitors, to keep the home running successfully.Read more
Partner with Sanyu by sponsoring a child and help us provide love, stability and protection to the children in our care. When you sponsor a child at Sanyu, you commit to making a monthly donation. This monthly donation is crucial to us as Sanyu Babies’ Home runs almost entirely on donations. Having regular monthly donations that we can depend on means that food can be bought, bills can be paid, medical needs met and loving staff can be given salaries for their work.
When you sponsor a child at Sanyu, you can be partnered with one specific child or you can choose to sponsor the home as a whole. Sometimes people like to choose their child and others like to be assigned any child. If you sponsor a specific child, then each quarter you receive an update and find out about what they have been doing. You really get to know your sponsored child and lots of photos are included too. You find out from their Teacher what they are doing in class, any big achievements that they have made and receive a general update on how everyone else at Sanyu is too. If you choose to not sponsor a specific child, but the home as a whole, then each quarter you receive a general update on the last 3 months at Sanyu.
Does everyone have a sponsor? Currently, no they don’t. But that doesn’t mean that they don’t get the same love and care as our sponsored children. You see, by sponsoring a particular child at Sanyu, you are a part of their life but you actually support all the children at Sanyu. Your monthly donation of $15 or 60,000 UGX helps up to 50 babies and toddlers under the care of Sanyu to have hope, to be loved, to be nourished and to go home to their forever family when the time is right.
By sponsoring a child at Sanyu, you are giving a child a second chance at life filled with love, care, and joy. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood, and Sanyu ensures that. Please get in touch with Barbara (firstname.lastname@example.org/ 0788162147) if you are interested in Sponsorship.
Currently there are no vacancies at Sanyu. Please keep an eye on this page and our social media if you are interested in working with us. Any job vacancies will be advertised here and on our social media sites.
Thank you for your interest, and good luck!
We Provide The Best Charity Services